1. It is a fact that….
2. It is well-known that….
3. There is no doubt that….
4. I think that….
5. Contrary to the popular thought, I prefer….
6. Some people say/believe/claim that….
7. It is generally believed that….
8. It is widely accepted that….
9. It is argued/held that….
10. While it is commonly believed that…, I believe….
11. It can be concluded that….
12. People’s views vary from person to person.
1. The table/diagram/bar chart/pie graph/tree diagram/curve graph /column
chart shows/illustrates/reveals/describes/depicts/reflects that/how….
2. The graph provides some interesting data regarding….
3. The data/statistics/figures can be interpreted as follows:
4. The data/statistics/figures lead us to the conclusion that….
5. As is shown/demonstrated/exhibited in the diagram/graph/chart/table,
6. It is clear/apparent from the table/chart/diagram/figures that….
7. The vertical/horizontal axis stands for….
8. There was
rise/increase/decrease/fall/decline/drop/change in development in ….
9. The percentage remained steady/stable at….
10. The figures stayed the same….
11. The figures bottomed out/peaked at….
12. The figures reached the bottom/a peak/a plateau during….
1. A is completely / totally / entirely different from B.
2. A and B are different in some/every way / respect / aspect.
3. A and B differ in….
4. A differs from B in….
5. The difference between A and B is/lies in/exists in….
6. Compared with/In contrast to/Unlike A, B….
7. A…, on the other hand,/in contrast,/while/whereas B….
8. While it is generally believed that A …, I believe B….
9. Despite their similarities, A and B are also different.
10. Both A and B …. However, A…; on the other hand, B….
11. The most striking difference is that A…, while B….
1． There are several reasons for…, but in general, they come down to three
2． There are many factors that may account for…, but the following are the
most typical ones.
3． Many ways can contribute to solving this problem, but the following ones
may be most effective.
4． Generally, the advantages can be listed as follows.
5． The reasons are as follows.
1. Because/Since we read the book, we have learned a lot.
2. If we read the book, we would learn a lot.
3. We read the book; as a result / therefore / thus / hence / consequently
/ for this reason / because of this, we’ve learned a lot.
4. As a result of /Because of/Due to/Owing to reading the book, we’ve
learned a lot.
5. The cause of/reason for/overweight is eating too much.
6. Overweight is caused by/due to/because of eating too much.
7. The effect/consequence/result of eating too much is overweight.
8. Eating too much causes/results in/leads to overweight.
1. Here is one more example.
2. Take … for example.
3. The same is true of….
4. This offers a typical instance of….
5. We may quote a common example of….
6. Just think of….
1． From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw the conclusion
2． Taking into account all the factors, we may safely come to the
3． Judging from all the evidence offered, we may safely arrive at/reach the
4． All the evidence supports a sound conclusion that…
5． From what is mentioned above, we may come to the conclusion that…
6． To sum up/draw a conclusion, we find that….
7． In short/brief/a word/conclusion/sum/, it is….
8. Therefore/Thus/Then, it can be inferred/concluded/deduced that….
9. From/Through/According to what has been discussed above, we can come
to/reach/arrive at/draw the conclusion that….
10. It is believed that….
1. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the latter opinion to some
2. As far as I am concerned, I am really/completely in favor of the
3. In conclusion/a word, I believe that….
4. There is some truth in both arguments, but I think the disadvantages of…
outweigh its advantages.
5. In my opinion/view, we should….
6. As for me, I….
7. As I see it, ….
8. From my point of view, ….
9. Personally, I think….
10. My view is that….
11. I think/consider….
12. I take/hold a negative/positive view of….