Some university in North China went on a clean-up campaign（运动）last week to
remind students of their duty to be responsible on campus（校园）. The school 36 a
photo exhibit on notice boards outside its dining hall, showing 37 of "uncivil
The pictures, taken on campus, showed: 38 classroom desks, walls and
library books; 39 dorms; game-loving students misusing the Internet equipment;
and lovers during close moments.
Many students 40 an interest and almost everyone knew about the show by the
second day. It was 41 by the school's Youth League, which spent half a year
preparing it. "We hope the pictures can help students 42 what is happening
around them. We won't punish the students in the pictures, 43 we want to remind
them of their 44 to keep the campus clean," said Youth League Secretary He
Many students did agree that carving on desks and 45 activities were
"uncivil behavior". "The school once asked us to behave 46 in daily life and now
the pictures have a stronger effect. The show is the first try and it can 47 a
deep impression," said Wang.
Another student, a boy named Lu, said the show had taught him "a good 48".
He said that he hadn't 49 attention to classrooms' cleanliness in the past and
once wrote on a desk and left some waste around his seat.
"It's our duty to keep the campus clean. We should do something to 50 the
situation," he added. However, some students thought it not 51 to invade(侵犯) the
privacy of people in close situations. "It's common for lovers to kiss or have
some bodily 52. It's natural and it's not right for the school to 53 it "uncivil
behavior'," said Yang.
"The 54 have shown students' private moments. They may feel embarrassed(尴尬)
55 they're recognized by others," said a freshman named Lou.
36. A. ran B. took C. held D. gave
37. A. harmfulness B. disadvantages C. experiences D. examples
38. A. repaired B. damaged C. painted D. burned
39. A. empty B. dirty C. beautiful D. crowded
40. A. became B. drew C. showed D. got
41. A. praised B. found C. opened D. organized
42. A. see B. imagine C. watch D. stop
43. A. however B. so C. for D. but
44. A. duty B. knowledge C. memory D. purpose
45. A. important B. similar C. same D. personal
46. A. hardly B. gratefully C. well D. helpfully
47. A. miss B. develop C. require D. leave
48. A. lesson B. text C. passage D. way
49. A. fixed B. expected C. attracted D. paid
50. A. prevent B. improve C. change D. notice
51. A. reasonable B. fair C. proper D. formal
52. A. contact B. connection C. relation D. exchange
53. A. call B. say C. explain D. prove
54. A. actions B. situations C. pictures D. cleanliness
55. A. as though B. if C. so that D. although