1. I received his gift from him, but I didn’t accept it.
2. The boss insisted that the man had stolen the money and insisted that he
(should) leave the company at once.
3. It seemed that she was not a bit worried, but in fact, she was not a
little worried about it.
4. He felt so sleepy that he soon fell asleep.
5. I called at his house, but he wasn’t in. So I left a message telling him
that I would call on him the next day.
6. Don’t believe what he says. Work hard and believe in yourself, and
you’ll succeed one day.
7. The whole book contains 12units, including two mainly revisions.
8. I’ve got too much work to do on a much too cold winter night.
9. I used to rise very late during the summer vacation, but I’ve got used
to getting up very early.
10. A respectable man is one who is worthy of being respected.
11. Though he is not young any longer, he has a youthful attitude towards
12. I used to be dependent on my parents. Now I’m independent of them.
13.Anything imaginary is the products of an imaginative person’s mind.
14. You shouldn’t have scolded the boy at all, he is a child after all;
above all, he made only two mistakes in all.
15. It would be foolish to let such an opportunity slip. It is a chance of
16. When no more letters came from her, I knew she was no longer in