1. 原级常用于“as +形容词/副词原级+ as”或“not as / so +形容词/副词原级+
Some of their states are as big as France.
Kevin likes Lily as much as he likes his sister.
Hank is not as / so experienced as you think.
Susan does not play as / so well as her brother.
2. 比较级常用于“形容词/副词比较级+ than”结构。该结构常用来表示“……比……更……”。如：
He finds English is more difficult than math.
Older people may drive less rapidly than younger people.
3. 比较级也可用于“the +比较级+……, the +比较级+……”结构。该结构常用来表示“越……，就越……”。如：
The warmer the weather is, the better she feels.
4. 表语中比较两个形容词时，不管形容词有多少音节，皆须用“more A than B”结构，意为“与其说是B，不如说是A”。如：
She was more worried than angry when her son did not come home as
5. 副词比较级还可用于more and more结构。如：
It rained more and more heavily.
She went farther and farther away.
①倍数+ as +形容词/副词原级+ as ...。如：
The newly-built railway is three times as long as that one.
②倍数+形容词/副词比较级+ than ...。如：
The newly-built railway is three times longer than that one.
③倍数+ the +名词（如：size, height, weight, length, width等）+ of ...。如：
The newly-built railway is three times the length of that one.
注意：在形容词和副词比较级前可用even, much, rather, far, still, any, a lot, a bit, a little
1. “no +比较级+ than”和“not +比较级+ than”的区别：
“no +比较级+ than”结构表示对两个比较对象都进行否定（可用neither ... nor ...结构来改写）；“not +比较级+
This room is no bigger than that one.
=Neither this room nor that room is big.
This room is not bigger than that one.
=This room is smaller than that one.
①“比较级+ than any other ...”意为“比其他任何一个……都……”。如：
Ivan is taller than any other student in his class.
I have never watched a better film.
1. The new group of students is better-behaved than the other group who
stayed here ________ (early).
2. This room is almost three times ________ (big) than that one, and Mike
likes it ________ (much).
3. Of the two coats, Wendy will choose the ________ (cheap) one to save
some money for a book.
4. Justin runs much ________ (fast) than any other student in his
5. The ________ (hard) Laura works, the ________ (happy) she feels.
6. This novel is not so ________ (interesting) as the one I read last
1. earlier 2. bigger; better 3. cheaper
4. faster 5. harder; happier 6. interesting